In order to maintain consistency in the presentation of the information on this website a number of techniques have been adopted to "standardise" the interpretation of the information that has been gathered - though frowned upon by "professionals", I have adopted this approach to allow me to quickly identify, match and compare individuals and family groups in my offline database.
- Please be aware that no claim is made that family interpretations shown on the website are definitely proven; Wharfegen is an active ongoing project and is also used a testbed to test different interpretations of family lines and open them to discussion.
- The family lines displayed on this website should always be treated with caution and be used only as a "possible" representation/"framework" against which to test new information. Any information you find about individuals or family groups provided on the website should only be used to assist you in your own researches. For original information and spellings you should refer to and examine the original source.
- The database operates on a "100 year rule" and does not display any information for individuals (living or deceased) born within the last 100 years.
- If you wish to submit data to the website, please accept:
- that variations (described below) may be applied to the data to conform to the site's rules of data presentation and to maintain the conformity of the website;
- that the main focus of this project is to list residents of the Wharfedale and Craven areas of Yorkshire - little time and effort will be given to adding and following up "out of area" families.